HD CCTV Security cameras are a great way to protect a care home or nursing facility, especially in light of recent bad press. An accusation of bad care, be it true or malicious, is highly disruptive and can take a very long time to resolve.
The idea of using CCTV in care settings was initially floated by the Care Quality Commission in a bid to tackle bad press about the quality of care. Despite many excellent care providers and outstanding care homes, Jeremy Hunt (Secretary of State for Health until 2018) unveiled measures to improve the care system. A simple solution for peace of mind is to install an affordable HD CCTV system to protect residents and staff alike and remove any element of doubt.
The principles of CCTV observation in care settings:
- A policy of protection
- A duty of care
- A sense of safety and security
Features of Care Home CCTV:
Live HD CCTV for life-like picture quality (almost 5 times sharper than traditional analogue systems)
Real-time playback with timeline and smart search functions
A full 4-year equipment warranty – we’ll come out and replace if you have any equipment issues.
High-quality day/night cameras automatically switch from colour to low-light black & white using built-in infrared illumination allowing filming in total darkness.
A free mobile viewer App to view multiple care facilities from anywhere in the world 24/7.
Benefits of Care Home CCTV:
- Monitor the safety and well-being of residents and staff alike.
- Live high definition coverage aids nighttime monitoring with less disruption.
- Provides clear-cut evidence against unjustified insurance claims.
- Fights back against the bad press and claims of abuse and neglect.
- Observational aid when short-staffed.
- Improves security of personal property.
- Awareness of CCTV can help to reduce violence.
I-HT are Essex County Council Trading Standards approved.
All our staff are CRB checked to work in sensitive environments.
What to Consider When Installing CCTV in Care Homes:
- What are your most important security issues?
- Have you ever wished that you caught a certain event on camera?
- Have you ever had problems with violence or theft?
- Cover entryways and reception areas to get a clear shot of visitors.
- If you have more than one facility, consider live access vis your smartphone, tablet or laptop so you can check on things at any time of day or night
- Consider the privacy factor for both residents and employees by putting cameras in open areas where residents and Staff congregate such as TV rooms, dining and activity areas and outside in the grounds.
If you would like more information or a free no-obligation quotation for Care Home CCTV please contact us.