Privacy Notice – Customers, Customer employees and visitors
We are CCTV installation and Service, and Air Conditioning installation and service company, trading as Inn House Technology Ltd (I-HT) (Company Number 2636045) (“we”, “us”, “our” or “I-HT”). Our registered office is at 14A Wakes Hall Business Centre, Wakes Colne, Colchester, CO6 2DY.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy – together with the I-HT Rules and any other documents referred to on it – sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
I-HT is a “Data Controller,” which means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required – under data protection legislation – to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
It is important that you read this notice – together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you – so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
What information do we collect?
We collect your personal data because it is necessary in relation to taking steps to enter into a contract with you and/or performance of a contract with you
We may collect, store and use the following personal information:
- a) Your name, address and registration details, telephone numbers and personal email addresses.
b) Details about your employment (including job titles, names of some staff members).
c) Bank account details.
d) Company accounts, directors details, information relating to receiverships/winding up/bankruptcy petitions/director disqualifications (if applicable.)
e) Removal or rejections from other certified bodies.
g) Personal information contained in company records, policies, procedures or statements relating to your business.Where we need to collect personal data by law – or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested – we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to complete installation.) In this case, we may have to cancel installation and/or service booking you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Information we receive from other sources
We may collect information from credit reference agencies, statutory and regulatory bodies and other organisations to enable us to properly process your application for installation and/or service. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We do not collect any sensitive personal data about you, such as information about your race, political opinions or religious beliefs unless we obtain your explicit consent.
In addition, we do not knowingly collect personal data from, or direct our content towards, those under the age of 16.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data to:
• audit and carry out on-going surveillance of your business for the purposes of ongoing servicing and maintenance.
- comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations.
- list your details on our database as a customer
- address any enquiries or complaints made by – or about – you, relating to equipment supplied and/or serviced by us
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or business and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside I-HT for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third-parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
• we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our rules.
• our business enters into a joint venture with, or is sold to or merged with, another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners.
• professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- You have agreed to it being shared with third parties for relevant marketing activities and we have obtained your prior explicit consent.We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Cookies are text files, placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track your use of a website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Where we store your personal data
We store all of your personal details on a secure server within the European Economic Area.
We will take technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data – and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means – and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy, which you can request from us by contacting us.
How secure is my data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please write to us at at 14A Wakes Hall Business Centre, Wakes Colne, Colchester, CO6 2DY or email us at email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights.) However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your right to complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO).
The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 113 – Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm – or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the ICO’s website by following this link: https://ico.org.uk/.
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board, trading as I-HT.co.uk (Company Number 2636045.) Our data protection registration number is Z11001077.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the I-HT.
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 14A Wakes Hall Business Centre, Wakes Colne, Colchester, CO6 2DY
Telephone number: 01787 220202